Open Lighting Embedded
Open Lighting Embedded (OLE) is an Open Source DMX/RDM framework for PIC32 microcontrollers. OLE is a set of building blocks, it can be used to create various different DMX / RDM devices including:
- A USB DMX512 / RDM Controller (USB widget).
- A RDM Responder, for testing RDM controllers.
- A DMX controlled LED driver.
- A sACN to DMX512 gateway (requires additional code not in the main repo).
Unlike commercial software, OLE gives you the freedom to modify the code and add new functionality. You no longer need to wait for manufacturers to implement your feature requests.
- OLE User Manual, this is targeted at people using devices running OLE.
- OLE Developer Manual, for people wanting to change the OLE code.
The source code is available on GitHub.