Introducing the Number1
The entertainment lighting industry didn’t need yet another USB DMX interface. It needed a Number1.
The Number1 is the first hardware running Open Lighting Embedded (OLE) and designed specifically for use with the Open Lighting Architecture™ (OLA). Number1 is ideal for those wanting to control DMX/RDM devices from OLA or people wanting to test RDM equipment.
For information on how to use the Number1, see the OLE User Manual.
- One bidirectional DMX512 ports supporting Remote Device Management (RDM, E1.20). Dual port hardware (pictured) is available on request*.
- DMX512 Ports are galvanically isolated to 2500V.
- EMI and Surge Protection on the USB Port.
- DMX512 ports have user-selectable RDM Biasing and Termination
- Timing subsystem allows the measurement and analysis of RDM and DMX512 signals.
- Reprogrammable via USB using DFU, or directly using ICSP
- USB port is OTG ready, for future applications.
- Power LED and three customizable status LEDs
- Onboard temperature sensor
Software Features, Controller Mode
- Can be combined with a host running OLA and used as a DMX/RDM controller.
- Provides RDM Response Timing accurate to 1/5th of a microsecond. Timing parameters include:
- Response Delay
- Break Time
- Mark Time
- Designed for use with the RDM Responder Tests. Validates both RDM data & signal timing.
Software Features, Responder Mode
- Simulates many different types of RDM devices including:
- Moving Light
- LED driver
- RDM Proxy, which will ACK_TIMER all requests to child devices
- A sensor only device (DMX footprint of 0)
- A dimmer, with sub-devices & status messages.
- Supports all RDM PIDs from E1.20, E1.37-1 and E1.37-2 standards.
- Configurable RDM response delay, with an option to introduce jitter
- Identify and Mute status LED indicators
Software Features, General
- USB Serial Port Logging (requires Mac OS 10.7 and above or Linux).
- Support for Linux & Mac.
*Software support for multiple ports is not completed yet. See Issue #251.